The Queen's Platinum Jubilee bank holiday weekend is less than 3 weeks away (not that we're counting), and with World Baking Day coming up tomorrow, we thought it would be a perfect time to showcase an array of yummy treats you can make ahead your royal celebrations. Whether you'll be celebrating in the pub, with a street party or at a BBQ with friends, these sweet and savoury treats are the perfect accompaniment to any Jubilee party!
Jubilee Bundt Cake
- Create a show stopping centrepiece for your street party with a bundt cake. The homemade jam is flavoured with a wine-based aperitif, said to be a favourite drink of the Queen. If you’re short on time, you can replace the homemade jam with 300g of raspberry jam.Crown Biscuits
- These decorated crown cookies are fit for King or Queen, and are a great treat to make with the kids in your family or friendship group. Why not make them even more regal with some crown sprinkles
?Scone (with a twist)
- You might be thinking of recipes that Her Majesty would approve of, and does it get much more British than a scone? However you pronounce it, why not give the traditional scone a bit more finesse for the occasion by adding blue cheese
to the recipe? Pimm's o'clock jelly
- Is there anything better (and more British) than a jug of Pimm's on a bank holiday weekend? Why not make this strawberry and Pimm's jelly
. It's a match made in heaven - sweet, ripe strawberries set in a jelly with the traditional fruit cup liquor, served with cream of course!Jubilee cupcakes
- These delicious Jubilee swirl cupcakes are drizzled with golden syrup for extra stickiness and topped with patriotic red, white and blue icing. These union jack cupcake cases
are a perfect addition to these sweet treats! Why not get a patriotic cake stand
to display all of your creations for your Jubilee party?